TFCBT-Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral for Traumatized Children and Families 2023
Trauma-Focused Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), developed by Judith Cohen, Anthony Mannarino, and Esther Deblinger, is an empirically supported treatment for children and families exposed to traumatic life events. This two-day training will provide an intensive review of all of the TF-CBT treatment components, with a specific focus on clinical implementation strategies. The information presented in this CE offering reflects the opinion of the presenter. As with all science,
there may be multiple explanations for the data and multiple reasonable conclusions.
This conference is intended for mental health professionals, including psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, licensed counselors, and licensed nurses.
- Discuss the empirical support for TF-CBT
- • Describe the problems addressed by TF-CBT and the core values of this treatment model
- • Recognize the importance of parents/caretakers as part of the TF-CBT treatment model
- • Describe relaxation skills, affective modulation, and cognitive coping as ways to enhance self-regulation
- • Relate the importance of the trauma narration and cognitive processing of the trauma in TF-CBT
- • Discuss the role of safety education and safety planning in the TF-CBT mode
Allegheny General Hospital is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Allegheny General Hospital designates this live activity for a maximum of 12 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CE for Psychologists
Allegheny Health Network is approved by the American Psychological Association to offer continuing education for psychologists. Allegheny Health Network maintains responsibility for the program and its content.”
CE for Social Workers
Allegheny Network is an approved provider for APA credits for Psychologists. This conference is approved for 12.0 APA credits. Social Workers may claim credits for attending educational courses and programs delivered by pre-approved providers, such as the American Psychological Association (refer to CE for Psychologists above). For verification, please refer to Continuing Education Regulations § 47.36 #(6) (ix) found at www.dos.state.pa.us/social.www.dos.state.pa.us/social.
- 12.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 12.00 APA
- 12.00 Attendance