Supporting Marginalized Youth Affected by Community Violence- 1:30-2:30 pm
Presenter: Cachet D. Criswell, MA. NCC
The impact of community violence on marginalize youth is far-reaching. Many individuals and families in disenfranchised communities are experiencing both grief and loss as a result. As educators we can provide invaluable support to these youth. Join us in this workshop as learn best practices in supporting the grief needs of all students in our schools.
Dakota R. Rottino-Garilli, MSW/HSV (she/they)
- Understand concept of marginalized youth and disenfranchised communities.
- Identify different aspects of community violence.
- Recognize grief in the communities.
- Learn how marginalization, disenfranchisement, and community affects youth in an educational setting
- Demonstrate best practices of support in working with this population in an educational setting.
- Receive several suggested next steps in addressing needs of grief