Pittsburgh Ophthalmology Monthly Meeting Lecture Series, October 5, 2021
The Pittsburgh Ophthalmology Society (POS) hosts a yearly academic lecture series, beginning in the Fall of 2021 and continuing through the February of 2022. A total of 5 programs comprise the 2021 through 2022 series. Dates are as follows: : September 9, 2021; October 5, 2021; December 2, 2021; January 6, 2022 and February 3, 2022. Guest speakers from across the country are invited to present 2 lectures. A resident case presentation is also included in the 3 hour program.
ANUP K. KHATANA, MD
Medical Director, Cincinnati Eye Institute, Cincinnati, OH
Dr. Khatana disclosed Grant/Research support with Glaukos, Ivantis, and Santen. He is a Consultant
for Gore, Reliance/Haag-Streit and is on the Speaker Bureau of Aerie Pharmaceuticals.
Tadhg Schempf, MD- No Conflicts to disclose
This activity has been designed to meet the needs of Ophthalmologists (including Residents and Fellows), who are engaged in the diagnosis and treatment of eye disease.
1. Update knowledge of diagnosis and treatment of common and rare ophthalmologic diseases.
2. Incorporate new treatment paradigms, diagnostic approaches, and surgical techniques into current clinical practice.
3. Review, modify and hone surgical skills and approaches to specific eye problems and clinical situations,
4. Identify (appropriately)subsets of patients who may benefit from new ophthalmologic treatment paradigms, diagnostic testing, or surgical intervention.
5. Develop strategies to identify and address their own professional practice gaps.
|A Khatana Disclosure.pdf||1.01 MB|
|Meeting Notice Oct 5 (1).pdf||321.74 KB|
|Schempf disclosure.pdf||96.94 KB|
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the essential areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through joint providership of Allegheny General Hospital and Pittsburgh Ophthalmology Society. Allegheny General Hospital is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Allegheny General Hospital designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 2.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 2.75 Attendance