Microscopic/Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery Course and Vascular Bypass Lab
Neurosurgical Skull Base Surgery Techniques and Approaches
About this Event
This course is designed to allow (both novice and experienced) surgeons to enhance their knowledge and hand-on skill with microscopic and endoscopic skull base surgical techniques to improve patient care. National and International leaders in the field will teach by didactic presentations, and by guiding participants through cadaveric dissection. Particular emphasis will be placed on comparing open and endoscopic approaches to particular cranial base targets.
Skills practiced and reviewed included:
• Properly and safely utilize the surgical equipment associated with microscopic skull base procedures
• Understand the indications, benefits and risks associated with microscopic and endoscopic skull base surgery.
• Review potential complications and their management
• Apply these surgical techniques in their own practice and develop increased competence through the use of hands-on cadaveric prosections.
• Review methods of potential complications and their avoidance during microscopic/endoscopic skull base surgery
• Discuss the surgical techniques and complexity of the various surgical skull base approaches, viewing surgical videos and interacting with the world renowned experts in the field