Highmark Caring Place: Joint Provider- Grief Talks Conference: "Sound On, Volume Up! Amplifying the Voices of Marginalized Grievers" Education Track Enduring Material
Experiencing the World Behind a Mask: Supporting Grieving Children at School
Navigating Suicide or Death/Loss on a College Campus
Ken McCurdy/Aly Eagle
Supporting Marginalized Youth Affected by Community Violence
Cachet/School Support Team
Health and mental health professionals, educators (early childhood, K-12, post secondary), general community.
- Participants will distinguish between the grieving experiences of children and adults.
- Participants will illustrate how disenfranchised grief (especially for underserved populations) impacts grievers of all ages.
- Participants will apply 3-4 new principles to enhance grief support for children and families.
- Participants will illustrate 2-3 ways in which they can contribute to a more grief-informed community.
- Participants will identify 2-3 ways in which they can support themselves while engaging in grief work.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the essential areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through joint providership of Allegheny General Hospital and Highmark Caring Place. Allegheny General Hospital is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Allegheny General Hospital designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CE for Psychologists
Allegheny Health Network is approved by the American Psychological Association to offer continuing education for psychologists. Allegheny Health Network maintains responsibility for the program and its content.”
CE for Social Workers
Allegheny Network is an approved provider for APA credits for Psychologists. This conference is approved for a maximum of 3.0 APA credits. Social Workers may claim credits for attending educational courses and programs delivered by pre-approved providers, such as the American Psychological Association (refer to CE for Psychologists above). For verification, please refer to Continuing Education Regulations § 47.36 #(6) (ix) found at www.dos.state.pa.us/social.www.dos.state.pa.us/social.
- 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 3.00 APA
- 3.00 Attendance