Clone of Patient Blood Management and Bloodless Medicine
For the March APP education series, Carey Mancuso, CRNP, from PBM will be presenting on patient blood management and bloodless medicine principles. This will include:
-EBP to proactively approach blood management
-World Health Organization call to prevent iatrogenic anemia
-Bloodless medicine medications/use/application and information on care of Jehovah's witnesses
-Dr. Erin Suydam, Medical director of PBM, will be moderating.
- Understand Patient Blood Management Goals
- Recognize interventions for early identification and management of anemia
- Review of evidence based transfusion guidelines
- Discuss Bloodless Medicine
- Review PBM Consults (in patient and outpatient)
- Review Touch on Thromboelastography
Allegheny General Hospital is accredited by the Accredited Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Allegheny General Hospital designates this educational activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Attendance