Assessment and Treatment of Pediatric Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
Press “take course” to pre-register.
This program is a 2-day workshop for therapy providers who are interested in learning more about obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) in children and teenagers. The program will provide information about background and research, the assessment of OCD in children and adolescents, and treatment of OCD symptoms in children and teenagers. Therapists who attend the training will be able to implement aspects of the training into treatment of patients who have OCD.
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists
- Describe the diagnostic criteria, prevalence, and common comorbidities that children and adolescents with OCD may present with
- Apply their knowledge of assessment and knowledge of OCD in pediatric patients to be able to appropriately assess symptoms of OCD, diagnose OCD, and develop a treatment plan to reduce OCD symptoms
- Understand and be able to plan and conduct therapy for children and adolescents with OCD using exposures with response prevention.
- Adequately address common concerns that may arise during exposure and response prevention treatment and create a plan for family involvement in various settings
Allegheny General Hospital is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Allegheny General Hospital designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and the policy of Allegheny General Hospital, presenters must disclose all relevant ﬁnancial relationships, which in the context of their presentation(s), could be perceived as a real or apparent conﬂict of interest, (e.g., ownership of stock, honorarium, or consulting fees). Any identiﬁable conﬂicts will be resolved prior to the activity. Any such relationships will be disclosed to the learner prior to the presentation(s).
- 12.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 12.00 APA
- 12.00 Attendance