3rd Annual Pulmonary and Critical Care Symposium
The Symposium is intended gather various health care clinicians and disciplines to provide and demonstrate the most recent clinical updates and advancements in pulmonary and critical medicine. Through interactive lectures and simulation workshops participants with various levels of knowledge and expertise will gain new knowledge which they can use to strengthen and adapt to best practice in their own profession.
|Virtual RT, PT and Nursing||$50|
|In Person Physician||complimentary|
|In Person RT, PT, Nursing, and nursing students||complimentary|
|Fellows and Residents||complimentary|
Pulmonologist, Critical Care Physicians, Emergency Medicine Physicians, Cardiologist, Hospitalist, CRNP, PA, Nurses, Respiratory Therapist, and other medical professionals
1. Describe best practices in Critical Care Pulmonary Medicine
2. Review updates and clinical practice strategies in the approach to critical patient
3. Develop strategies for using ultra sound to diagnosis in critical ill patient.
4. Demonstrate intubation and bronchoscopy for the pulmonary patient in a critical setting
5. Review the options available for patients after being admitted for a critical pulmonary diagnosis and how assist patient in recovery.
6. Review causes of health care professionals Advanced Care Providers experiencing burnout in clinical care settings.
7. Examine nursing challenges and opportunities in critical care
Accreditation Physicians Allegheny General Hospital is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Credits to be determined.
The West Penn Hospital is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by Pennsylvania State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Contact hours pending.
Respiratory Therapists Application will be submitted to the American Association for Respiratory Care. Credits to be determined.
Physical Therapy Credits Application will be submitted for PA PT Credits.