2021 Stroke Symposium
The AHN Stroke Symposium is designed to provide education on current, evidence-based practice knowledge across the continuum of stroke care. This annual event is aimed at assisting with educational requirements for nurses, providers, therapists, and other health care professionals who care for stroke patients. A variety of educational methods will be used by our faculty of experts during the conference.
• Explain latest updates and options for stroke management and standards of care, including IV thrombolytics.
• Identify innovative advances in acute care of stroke patients.
• Discuss and review updates in neurosurgical approaches to hemorrhagic stroke.
• Discuss and review COVID and its relationship to stroke.
• Apply NIH Stroke Scale tips to clinical assessment of stroke patients.
• Review strategies for continuum of care in stroke patients.
• Understand challenges that young stroke patients encounter from the patient's perspective.
• Review integrative therapies for self care of the stroke population and care team.
• Identify and explore topics regarding everyday stroke care based on audience question and answer session.
Speakers have nothing to disclose.
An application has been submitted for 6.75 PSNA contact hours.
The West Penn Hospital is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Pennsylvania State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- 6.75 PSNA