2019 Stroke Symposium
Stroke can steal your abilities, your freedom and your life, unless you know how to strike back. Within minutes, brain cells begin to die and time is of the essence. Remember to BE-FAST at the start of stroke symptom onset: Balance Eyes Face Arms Speech Time.
Stroke is the fifth leading cause of death in the United States and results in significant disability and healthcare expenditures. Allegheny General Hospital is the region's first Comprehensive Stroke Center. Our goal is to identify, educate, and treat stroke patients with the highest level of care.
This symposium will provide health care professionals current, evidence-based practice knowledge across the continuum of stroke care. The course reviews all major topics of the examination and provides information regarding the latest guidelines and protocols for managing stroke patients.
Physicians, nursing and all other healthcare providers.
|Other Healthcare providers||$50|
• Explain latest updates and options for stroke management and standards of care
• Discuss and review new stroke systems of care
• Review holistic approach of stroke care throughout the continuum
• Identify technological advances in acute care of stroke patients
• Provide stroke care from a patient's perspective
• Discuss IV Thrombolysis and door to needle times
Allegheny General Hospital is accredited by the Accreditation Council for continuing Medical education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Allegheny General Hospital designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.5 AMA PRA Category 1 credits TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This conference has applied for 6.0 hours of continuing education through West Penn Hospital.
- 3.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 3.00 Attendance