After the activity, the participant will be able to:
1) describe the evidence base that supports relationship-centered communication
2) describe and demonstrate how to elicit a patient’s agenda
3) Demonstrate how to negotiate what can be managed safely in the allocated time
4) demonstrate how to elicit the patient’s perspective
5) Demonstrate how to respond with empathy.
6) demonstrate communication skills to maximize the patient’s understanding of a collaborative plan
7) identify 2 new communication skills to implement into practice
Dr. Gene Scioscia
Dr. Dean Moukamal
Allegheny General Hospital is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Psychological Association (APA) is a preapproved provider of continuing education courses and programs for social workers and clinical social workers, and can be used towards re-licensure.
- 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 6.00 APA
- 6.00 Attendance