Grief is complicated under any circumstance, but we know that when someone has died from suicide there may be additional layers of stigma, guilt, and blame. Individuals are often not supported in the same way as those experiencing deaths from other causes by family, friends, and the community. Yet, without necessary support grieving individuals can be left with no outlet to express their feelings and experiences. Join us for this webinar to learn from both survivors and mental health experts about the specific challenges present in suicide loss. Leave with resources, connections to the suicide loss community, and tangible ways to support grieving individuals in your life.
- Explain best practice language used to talk about a suicide death.
- Describe specific challenges related to suicide loss.
- Discuss ways to support grieving individuals following a suicide.
- Explore specific resources available for suicide loss survivors.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.50 APA
- 1.50 Attendance