Outpatient Evaluation and Management Provider Training
Selecting the correct billing level for outpatient visits is essential to ensure accurate reimbursement for provider services. Recent changes in the CMS evaluation and management (E/M) guideline and leveling changes for 2021 impact office/outpatient codes. This course will review the code changes and documentation requirements under this new model to ensure correct identification of outpatient visit codes. The course will also address reporting of outpatient E/M when using Telehealth for patient encounters.
- REVIEW BASIC OUTPATIENT EVALUATION AND MANAGEMENT SERVICES CODING
- DISCUSS GUIDANCE ON DOCUMENTING AND REPORTING OUTPATIIENT EVALUATION AND MANAGEMENT SERVICES
- EXAMINE 2021 OUTPATIENT EVALUATION AND MANAGEMENT CODING REVISIONS
- EXPLORE REPORTING OUTPATIENT E/M CODES VIA TELEHEALTH DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- STUDY COMMON ERRORS IDENTIFIED IN EVALUATION AND MANAGEMENT (E/M) AUDITS
This is an online educational activity.
Allegheny General Hospital is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Allegheny General Hospital designates this live activity for a maximum of 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 0.50 ANCC
- 0.50 Attendance