AHN Inaugural Pulmonary and Critical Care Symposium
This conference is intended to gather various health care disciplines to provide the most recent clinical updates and advancements in pulmonary, critical care, and sleep disorders through interactive lectures, panel discussions, and workshops. Participants with various levels of knowledge and expertise are encouraged to attend to strengthen and adopt best practices through evidence-based research
|Other Healthcare Providers||$25.00|
|Residents and Fellows||Complimentary|
Pulmonary, Primary Care, Critical Care, Emergency Physicians, Cardiologists, Infectious Disease Physicians, Respiratory Therapists, Nursing and other healthcare providers
- Reference the current 2019 Gold Guidelines on how to stage COPD patients.
- Discuss how PFT results and imagining can impact the diagnosis and treatment of Pulmonary patients.
- Reiterate the use of new technology and Interventional Pulmonology is used in the care of Pulmonary and Critical care patients.
- Develop an understanding of ILD, Asthma, IPF, PE, OSA, Pneumonia, Pleural Effusion, Cough, and other Pulmonary Disease.
- Discuss the guidelines for early referral to Lung Transplant and how the AHN and Highmark partnership has benefited AHN patients.
- Identify the published guidelines for medical management of Pulmonary Hypertension.
- Discuss Thoracic Oncology in patients with Pulmonary Disease and Precision medicine and genetics in lung Cancer.
- Summarize the benefits and limitations of Pulmonary rehab and identify new ways to refer and engage participation.
- Restate the role of Palliative care for the patient with pulmonary disease
Allegheny General Hospital is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Credits to be determined.
Application will be submitted to the American Association for Respiratory Care. Credits to be determined
- 0.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 0.00 Attendance